- 1.375" mounting width with 1/2" bolt hole for standard shocks.
- Cut for 3.25" diameter axle tubes of the 8.8 axle. May be used on other axles with minor modifications.*
- OEM position is under the axle tube.
- Made from 1/4" thick boxed steel plate for strength and impact resistance.
- The STYLE of the bracket gives a unique, custom one-off look you'd get with a high dollar fabrication shop. No more brackets that look like modified pieces of angle iron or c-channel, but rather formed pieces of artwork to show off.
This part requires welding and fabricationskills if you are not confident in your abilities please take to an Off-roadshop to install this part.
Tools Required :
Safety Glasses, Gloves, Socket Set, Wrenches, Jack, Jack stand, wheel chocks, Cutting Tool ofyour choice (Sawzall, Grinder, plasma, cutting torch) Welder.
Inventory that you have all of the parts for your order If you are missingparts or have incorrect parts contact Artec Industries Immediately @(855)-278-3299 M-F from 8am-5pm MST If it is after those hours please EmailSales@Artecindustries.com
Place wheel chocks in front of the front wheels, Jack up rear of vehicle and set Jack standsunder the axle as wide apart as you can securely. Then lower the Jack.
Remove the shocks from the Jeep.
Using your cutting tool of choice Cut off the shock mountthen grind the area smooth in preparation for welding.
Place shock mounts on axle and put a 1/2 inch gap between it and the Lower control armBracket
(These mounts are side specific, soensure the top of the bracket angles towards the center of the
axle.) Rotate flat side of the bracket to about 74 degrees from leveland weld into place. Repeat this step on the Opposite side.
Coat the bracket with a self-etching primer and paint (Weget the best results with rustolem paint.)
Re install the shocks on the Jeep
Raise the Jeep with the Jack remove the jack stands andlower the Jack, Now the job is complete .