- 2.625" mounting width with 9/16" bolt hole for common sized Cartridge Joints (Johnny, Flex, Ballistic, etc). Can be drilled out to larger hole size for 1.25" rod ends with spacers.
- Cut for 3.25" diameter axle tubes on the 8.8 axle. May be used on other axles with minor modifications.*
- OEM position is under the axle tube.
- Made from 1/4" thick boxed steel plate for strength and impact resistance.
- Grease fitting access on top to allow easy maintenance of your most abused joint.
- The STYLE of the bracket gives a unique, custom one-off look you'd get with a high dollar fabrication shop. No more brackets that look like modified pieces of angle iron or c-channel, but rather formed pieces of artwork to show off.
Warning: Installing this product requires Welding and Fabrication skills, If youare not confident in your abilities to complete this task please have thisinstalled at an qualified off-road shop .
Tools required: Safety glasses, Socket Set, Wrench Set,Torque wrench, Angle Finder, Cuttingtools ( Example : sawzall, grinder, plasma cutter, cutting torch, ) Welder, Jack, Jack stands, Wheel Chocks.
Please take inventory of parts, Call Artec Industries Immediately if you have incorrect ormissing components @ (855) 278-3299 M-F 8am-5pm MST If outside of those hours please send us anEmail at Sales@ArtecIndustries.com
Loosen your lug nuts on the rear wheels (do not fully remove them)
Place wheel chocks at front wheel of the Jeep, Jack up the rear of the Jeep and Securely place the Frame onto Tall Jack stands and axle onto shorter Jack stands .
Remove the Lug nuts and wheels from vehicle
Use your 21mm Wrench and socket to completely remove the lower control arm fromthe vehicle (We recommend only working on 1 side of thevehicle at a time.)
Cut off your lower control arm mount from the vehicle andgrind the area smooth to prep for welding.
Place the lowercontrol arm mount on axle and align outside edge with outside edge of coilbottom plate.
You should have 1/2" between the LCA mount and shockmount .
(These mounts are side specific, soensure they angle towards the center of the vehicle)
If you are using OEM control arms, tack weld mounts atapproximately 64 degrees from level. If using aftermarket control arms, chooseyour desired angle.
For greater ground clearance rotate up and slide bracketslightly over to clear coil bottom plate, (But only dothat if you have adjustable lower control arms.)
Spray the LCA bracket with a self-etching primer and paint (We have found achieved the best resultswith Rustolem products)
Reinstall the Lower Control Arm axle side first then install the frame side of the arm, Install the boltsand nuts finger tight at this time !
Step 10 :
Repeat Steps 5-9 on the opposite side of the vehicle
Install the wheels back on the vehicle and tighten the lugnuts (do not torque them yet)
Use the jack to raise the Jeep off of the jack stands andremove them from under the vehicle Then lower the Jack .
With the vehicle on the ground Torque the lug nuts tomanufacturer spec (95ftlbs)
Torque the Lower control arms to 130ftlbs (Stock Armsonly) If you have Aftermarket armsrefer to the arm manufacturers specs (most adjustable arms will have a specaround 90ft lbs)
Check bolts fortightness after 50miles or a few trips off-road (whichever occurs first)