ALUMINUM SKID PLATES FOR YOUR
JL eTORQUE 48V BATTERY
Artec Industries' JL eTorque Aluminum Ski is made from 1/4" thick 6061 Aluminum and designed to protect your precious battery from damage.
- Adds only 6 lbs to the vehicle yet is far more heavy duty than than factory skids
- 1/4" 6061 Aluminum thick skid plate and CNC laser cut and CNC formed
- Designed from factory CAD files for great and ultra precise fit.
- All bolts under skid plate are countersunk for absolutely smooth bottom
- All nuts are pressed into steel brackets for easy, one tool removal
- MADE IN USA in our Utah facility
NOTE: This product requires general mechanics skills and should only be installed by someone capable of using basic tools. Artec Industries is not responsible for incorrect installation. By purchasing, the customer agrees that they are fully responsible for correct installation.
We're working to restore these instructions from our previous website. Please bear with us. If you need immediate assistance, contact email@example.com.
- The eTorque battery skid JL4103 is attached to the OEM battery skid plate and provides a thicker skid to resist puncture and denting. First, remove the factory battery skid plate from the vehicle (you can install while in the vehicle but its probably faster to remove it). Then take the 6 provided 5/16" PEM nuts and place them on the inside of the OEM skid plate on the 6 holes that line up with the JL4103. You will be clinching these nuts directly to the OEM skid using the provided riv nut tool and hardware. See the rivnut video below. Place the PEM nut on the inside of the skid plate and then thread the bolt through the washer, rivnut tool and then the OEM skid on the outside. When you tighten the bolt, it will be pulling the nut against the inside of the OEM skid. Once you have all the PEM nuts installed, you can install the JL4103 on the OEM skid using the 5/16" flat head bolts and place the OEM skid back on the vehicle. There will be 2 bolts on the front side of the skid that use OEM hardware to attach the front of the JL4102-6. The OEM skid has a plate the extends up to the JL4101-11 crossmember which protects the lines and hoses for the battery. This plate can be pushed upwards and fastened to the top of the JL4102-7 which is the little L shaped bracket that was inserted into the crossmember JL4101-11. Use hardware to fasten this plate to the JL4102-7.
Installation of this kit requires Rivnuts. We have included our Rivnut Tool (TC0011) in the package, here is a quick demonstration video on the use of this tool: