JK 1 TON APEX Rear 9 inch Truss Swap Kit
The new APEX Truss and Brackets for swapping in a
Spidertrax 9 inch rear axle into a Jeep JK Wrangler 2007-2018
Stronger Design, Lighter Weight, Easier Install
- PATENT PENDING APEX Truss peaked top design provides more rigidity than a flat top truss design
- CNC Precision Laser cut in-house from 1/4" and 3/16" mild steel for a lightweight yet strong solution...only 40 lbs total
- CNC Precision Bent in-house for a great fitment. Literally drop the truss in place on the axle and it's ready to weld. No puzzle piece assembling*
- Designed used 3D models directly from Spidertrax and Jeep for not only an amazing fit but clearances with surrounding components
- 70% less welding needed than previous truss designs means less warping, faster turnaround, and lower costs
- All long seams are bent so you don't need to spend time welding them together
- Dimpled holes provide not only weight reduction but rigidity and strength
- Contours both the cast steel differential and can be welded with normal MIG welder and moderate pre-heating and post-heating
- Two piece truss design means smaller packaging and less shipping costs along with easy installation
- Using a 1 ton axle will support larger tires and less chance of breakage in extreme conditions
- Coil brackets and bump stop pads are combined to form an axle tube truss and allows for easy installment of other brackets
- Precision CNC cut from 1/4"& 3/16" steel for high strength and precision and CNC bent for great fitment.*
- Includes all the brackets necessary for a complete axle swap including upper and lower control arm mounts, shock mounts, anti-sway bar mounts, trackbar mount, bumpstop pads and coil spring mounts.
- Save hours of installation time with the built-in axle tube truss which is quicker to weld than individual brackets
- Tracbar mount includes 4 locations for those who have aftermarket lifts. Stock height hole is not included though.
- Easily upgradeable for future link geometry changes. Just trim off factory location upper control mounts and weld on a center link mount (not included)
Click image above to view Installation Instructions
Warning: This Part Requires General Mechanical Abilities along with Welding and Fabrication skills to install if you are not confident in your abilities Please have this product installed at a Local Off-Road Shop .
Safety Glasses, Gloves, Wrench set, Socket Set, Torque wrench, Pliers , Jack, Jack stands(Tall and short) , Wheel chock, Welder, Cutting tool (Cutoff wheel , Sawzall ) Angle Finder , tape measure ,
Take an inventory of your parts, If you are missing any parts Please contact Artec Industries Immediately @ (855) 278-3299 M-F 8:30am-5pm MST if it is after those hours Email Sales@artecindustries with a picture of what you have and packing slip. You will also need to save the box if damaged per our shipper in order to file a shipping claim
Place wheel chocks at the front wheels of the vehicle. Break free lug nuts on rear wheels (Do not fully loosen or remove lug nuts yet.)
With the vehicle sitting on the ground, Measure your ride height at the frame and height of the centerline of the axle, Also take measurement of your wheel base.
(Make a note of this for later.)
Jack up the rear of the vehicle and set the axle on Jack stands, Remove the rear wheels from the vehicle, With the wheels removed Jack the vehicle up again. Securely place tall jack stands under the frame in front of the LCA mounts at the previously measurement of ride height. Place a 2nd sent of jack stands under the rear axle.
Disconnect Brake Lines, Emergency brake cables, , Remove Rear Drive shaft, Remove Rear Diff Breather , (Disconnect any Rear Locker Airline or Harness if Equipped ) Remove Shocks, and Remove Rear Track bar. and remove rear coil spring retainers .
Using a floor jack Raise the rear axle off of the jack stands and temporarily remove them from under the axle . Slowly lower the Jack to lower the axle down and remove the coil springs . Once the coil springs are removed Raise the Jack and place it back on Jack stands . Remove the Upper and lower control arm bolts from the axle and remove the axle from under the vehicle.
Prep axle the truss will be welded onto by removing all mounts and paint/ rust. Once the axle is prepped. Slide new axle under the vehicle and place on jack stands at the measurement of what the centerline height was at ride height also make sure it is set to the wheelbase. Using another jack stand or block of wood set under the pinion on the axle set the desired pinion angle of your build to ensure it does not get changed . Now place the truss on top of the axle and tack into position
Place Part -1 onto the axle tube an make sure it is flat and parallel with the ground, Side Part 1 over until it contacts the truss Tack weld part 1 to the axle tube
slip Part 5 onto the top of the axle tube and slide the key way onto the tab on part 1 and tack into position. Repeat this step on the passenger side .
Step 9 .
Place tab on bottom part of part 9 into key way on part 10 tack into place then place part 11 tab into key way on part 9 with the tab at the top of the bracket so the stabilizer mount is at the bottom . then tack into position . Place part 9 on the driver side axle tube and roate towards back of axle until the tab on the top of the bracket slips into the key way on part 1 then tack into position Repeat this step on the passenger side
Insert part 3 in the keyways on the pinion side of part 1 and tack into position. Place part 17 onto part 1 there will be a laser etch park to locate position the furthest rear position will be stock position furthest forward will be for a 1" stretch tack weld that into position. Repeat on the passenger side .
Pull the rear axle from under the vehicle and fully weld all of the tack welded parts together . Take the rear track bar bracket part 8 slip the tab into part 7 using your track bar bolt parts 7 and 8 together to set the spacing . and tack weld together . remove the track bar from the bracket and fully weld it together . then slip the track bar bracket into the 2 keyways on part 1 and fully weld it together
Paint or powder coat the truss/axle .
Place axle under rear of Jeep, Install the upper and lower control arms, Insert the coil springs and bolt the -15 retainer to the part 17.
Install the rear track bar use a floor jack to raise the axle onto jacks tands and reinstall the shocks, brake lines, breathers and locker wiring/air lines .
install the rear tires and tighten lug nuts. raise vehicle off of jack stands and lower to the ground once on the ground tighten all bolts and lug nuts to manufacturer spec
After 50 miles check all bolts for proper torque and re tighten if needed .