TJ/ LJ Trackbar Mount
- Designed to curve the factory frame and align the trackbar position
- Locates off a factory frame hole for easy positioning
- Tracbar bracket can slide on frame plate forward or backward until you find the best location with your set up
- 3 hole locations for finding the right steering/tracbar geometry...1.3" in between each hole
- If using the top two holes, you can cut off the bottom of the bracket for higher clearance
- 1.75" Mounting width to fit our 7/8" x 3/4" rod ends with high misalignment spacers. (Will not work with a Factory Replacement Joint)
- CNC laser cut and CNC bent from 1/4" steel for precision fit and heavy duty use
This part requires welding and fabricationskills if you are not confident in your abilities please take to an Off-roadshop to install this part.
Tools Required :
Safety Glasses, Gloves, Socket Set, Wrenches, Wheel chocks, Jack, Jack stand. Cutting Tool of your choice (Sawzall,Grinder, plasma, cutting torch) Welder.
Inventory that you have all of the parts for your order If you are missingparts or have incorrect parts contact Artec Industries Immediately @ (855)-278-3299 M-F from 8am-5pm MST If it is after those hours please EmailSales@Artecindustries.com
Place wheel chocks in front of and behind the wheels on the oppositeend of the vehicle from where you are working at.
Break free the lug nuts (Do not fully remove them) Jack thevehicle up, Securely lower the vehicleonto Jack stands under the axle .
Remove the wheels from under the vehicle and set aside.
Remove track bar from vehicle. With the track bar removedfrom the vehicle cut off the Oem track bar mount. Clean the frame of any remnants of the oem trackbar mount and prep for welding.
Step 6: Take Part number TJ 2001-2 and place it on the frame rale the oval holewill be lined up with the oval hole on the bottom the frame the vertical bendon the bracket will be on the inside of the frame rail. With the bracket aligned you can weld theTj2001-2 bracket into place .
The TJ2001-1 bracket can be placed on the TJ 2001-2 bracketat your desired position and welded into place
Clean the parts to ensure they are free from any machiningoil, Prime with a self-etching primer and Paint.
Measure your distance from axle side track bar mount toFrame side mount hole that will allow your draglink and track bar to run on thesame angle. use that measurement tofabricate a track bar just leave some wiggle room in the joints so you canadjust the track bar.
Install your new track bar (leave the bolts loose) , and putwheels on the vehicle and tighten lug nuts
Raise vehicle off of the jacks stands and lower vehicle ontothe ground and tighten the track bar bolts and torque the lug nuts
Take vehicle to an alignment shop to make sure geometry iscorrect.
Check bolts for tightness after 50milesand tighten if needed.