- Fully fabricated for the best steering geometry and clearances
- Engineered for best alignment of tie rod and hydraulic steering ram, providing maximum strength and longevity
- Best used with our new Superduty 60 Full Hydro Ram Mount. LINK
- Included Knuckle Bolts and tapered spacers for tight fit and increased strength
- Welds directly to factory knuckles (1999-2005 SuperDuty)
- 3/4" bolt holes for uncompromising steering strength
- Precision Laser Cut from 1/4" steel and CNC Bent for accurate fitment
- Minimal modification to OEM knuckle needed*
Warning: Installing this product requires Welding and Fabrication skills, If youare not confident in your abilities to complete this task please have thisinstalled at an qualified off-road shop .
Safety glasses, Socket Set, Wrench Set, Cutting tools ( Example : sawzall, grinder,plasma cutter, cutting torch, ) Ball joint press Welder, Jack, Jack stands, Wheel Chocks.
Please take inventory of parts, Call Artec Industries Immediately if you have incorrect ormissing components @ (855) 278-3299 M-F 8am-5pm MST If outside of those hours please send us anEmail at Sales@ArtecIndustries.com
Remove the steering from the knuckles then remove theknuckles from the axle .
Drill out the knuckle bolt hole to accept a 3/4"bolt. and remove your ball joints fromthe knuckle
Clean and prep knuckle surface of all dirt, Grease, Paintand other debris to ensure the surface is ready for welding
Heat the knuckle to 400 degrees once knuckle is up to temperature Lay the knuckle flat on hub side down rest the Hs6153-3 flat against the knucklewith the round cutout at the bottom around the steering stop stanchion post .
Slip the Hs6153-1 onto the knuckle ( There is a laser etchmark at the top of the Hs6153-1 & -4 This may need to be trimmed due to casting variations throughout theproduction years ) . Now Slip the HS6153-2 into the center of the HS6153-1 and it should key intothe groove on the hs6152-3 . Now take your knuckle bolt kit and run itthrough the large round holes and bolt into place you should have some of the sleevesticking out of the top of the Hs6153 bracket .
Take your heim joints and misalignment spacers and bolt theminto position to set your joint spacingand tack weld the HS6153 parts together and remove the heim joints.
Once the heim joints are removed you can fully weld all ofthe parts together. Post heat and peenthe welds to ensure they do not crack and wrap the parts in a welding blanket to cool slowly overnight.
Prime paint or powder coat the knuckles to finish thesurfaces
Press in new ball joints and install onto the axle.
Repeat this process for the other side .