- 2.625" mounting width fits common sized Cartridge Joints (Johnny, Flex, Ballistic, etc) and factory control arm bushings.
- Skid plate of bottom of bracket wraps around joint protecting it from direct impact and decreases premature wear on the joint. This leads to longer life and less replacements. Skid plate design does not restrict movement of joint.
- Bracket wraps around axle tube more than factory for additional weld surface area, which significantly reduces the chance the bracket can rip off.
- Made from 1/4" thick boxed steel plate for strength and impact resistance.
- Grease fitting access on top to allow easy maintenance of your most abused joint.
- The STYLE of the bracket gives a unique, custom one-off look you'd get with a high dollar fabrication shop. No more brackets that look like modified pieces of angle iron or c-channel, but rather formed pieces of artwork to show off.
NOTE: IF USING FACTORY CONTROL ARMS, YOU MAY NEED TO GRIND OFF A SMALL AMOUNT OF THE METAL BELOW THE BUSHING TO CLEAR THE SKID PLATE ON THE BRACKET. This bracket requires welding to the axle and removal of the factory bracket. Welding should be done by a competent welder and Artec Industries is not liable for incorrect installation or improper welding.
Warning: This PartRequires Fabrication Skills (Cutting, Grinding,Welding) If you are not confident in your abilities Please have thisproduct installed at a Local Off-Road Shop .
Safety Glasses, Gloves, Wrench set, SocketSet, Torque wrench, Jack, Jack stands(Tall and short) , Wheelchock, Cutting Tool(s)(Angle Grinder with cutting and flap disk , Sawzall,Plasma cutter, Cutting torch) and Welder.
Take an inventory of your parts, If you are missing any parts Please contact ArtecIndustries Immediately @ (855) 278-3299 M-F 8:30am-5pm MST
Break free the lug nuts on the front of theJeep (Do not completely loosenor remove the lugnuts!)
Place wheel chocks at the rear wheels of thevehicle. Jack up the front of the Jeep as high as you canplace the jack stands securely under the frame of the Jeep and under the axle.Now lower the jack.
Remove lug nuts and the front wheels toprovide more working space .
Remove the lower control arm from the axle .
With the lower control arm removed use a yourcutting tool of choice to remove the lower control arm bracket off of the axleand grind the surface smooth with an angle grinder using a flap disk to ensureit is clean and ready for welding .
Control arm bracketorientation :
JK4412-2 is driver side JK4412-1 Passenger side
Place the Corresponding control arm bracketunder the axle Rotate it up So the Tabwill be level with the bottom flange of the coil bucket and slide it over untilyou Have a ½” gap between the inside edge of the Lower control arm bracketand the outside of edge of the coilbucket. Once you have the bracket inthat position weld into place.
Paint brackets with a self-etching primer andpaint
Reinstall the Lower control arms do not fullytighten the control arm bolts yet
Install tires and lugnuts (Do not fully tighten lug nuts)
Use a Jack to raise the Jeep off of the Jackstands and remove them from under the vehicle then lower the Jack .
Torque the Lug nuts to Manufacturer Spec, TorqueLca bolts
If you have Aftermarket controlarms refer to their manufacturers spec
After 50 miles check all bolts for tightnessand torque if needed.