- 2.625" mounting width with 9/16" bolt hole for common sized Cartridge Joints (Johnny, Flex, Ballistic, etc). Can be drilled out to larger hole size for 1.25" rod ends with spacers.
- Made from 1/4" thick boxed steel plate for strength and impact resistance.
- Grease fitting access on top to allow easy maintenance of your most abused joint.
- Skid plate of bottom of bracket wraps around joint protecting it from direct impact and decreases premature wear on the joint. This leads to longer life and less replacements. Skid plate design does not restrict movement of joint.
- The STYLE of the bracket gives a unique, custom one-off look you'd get with a high dollar fabrication shop. No more brackets that look like modified pieces of angle iron or c-channel, but rather formed pieces of artwork to show off.
Warning: Installing this product requires Welding and Fabrication skills, If youare not confident in your abilities to complete this task please have thisinstalled at an qualified off-road shop .
Tools required: Safety glasses, Socket Set, Wrench Set,Torque wrench, Angle Finder, Cuttingtools ( Example : sawzall, grinder, plasma cutter, cutting torch, ) Welder, Jack, Jack stands, Wheel Chocks.
Please take inventory of parts, Call Artec Industries Immediately if you have incorrect or missingcomponents @ (855) 278-3299 M-F 8am-5pm MST If outside of those hours please send us an Email atSales@ArtecIndustries.com
Loosen your lug nuts on the rear wheels (do not fully removethem)
Place wheel chocks at front wheel of the Jeep, Jack up the rear of the Jeep andSecurely place the Frame onto Tall Jackstands and axle onto shorter Jack stands.
Remove the Lug nuts and wheels from vehicle. Completely remove the lowercontrol arm from the vehicle (We recommend only working on 1 side of thevehicle at a time.)
Cut off your lower control arm mount from the axle and grindthe area smooth to prep for welding.
Place the lowercontrol arm mount on axle in desired position for your build and tack weld intoplace
( Some of these mounts are side specific, so ensure theyangle towards the center of the vehicle 10/22 degree brackets only )
Optional : For greater ground clearance rotate up
Spray the LCA bracket with a self-etching primer and paint.
Reinstall the Lower Control Arm axle side first then install the frame side of the arm, Install the bolts and nuts finger tight atthis time !
Step 9 :
Repeat Steps 5-8 on the opposite side of the vehicle
Install the wheels back on the vehicle and tighten the lugnuts (do not torque them yet)
Use the jack to raise the Jeep off of the jack stands andremove them from under the vehicle Then lower the Jack .
With the vehicle on the ground Torque the lug nuts tomanufacturer spec
Torque the Lower control arms If you have Aftermarket armsrefer to the arm manufacturers specs (most adjustable arms will have a specaround 90ft lbs)
Check bolts fortightness after 50miles or a few trips off-road (whichever occurs first)