- 2.625" mounting width fits common sized Cartridge Joints (Johnny, Flex, Ballistic, etc) and factory control arm bushings.
- This pair of brackets contains an integrated skid plate on the bottom of the bracket, which wraps around joint protecting it from direct impact and decreases premature wear on the joint. This leads to longer life and less replacements. Skid plate design does not restrict movement of joint.
- Bracket wraps around axle tube more than factory for additional weld surface area, which significantly reduces the chance the bracket can rip off.
- Made from 1/4" thick boxed steel plate for strength and impact resistance.
- The STYLE of the bracket gives a unique, custom one-off look you'd get with a high dollar fabrication shop. No more brackets that look like modified pieces of angle iron or c-channel, but rather formed pieces of artwork to show off.
- Shock Mounts are at factory height for a direct replacement. They do not limit your up-travel!
- Provides mounting locations for you Lower Control Arms, Shocks, and Sway Bar!
NOTE: This bracket requires welding to the axle and removal of the factory bracket. Welding should be done by a competent welder and Artec Industries is not liable for incorrect installation or improper welding.
Warning: This Part Requires FabricationSkills (Cutting, Grinding, Welding) Ifyou are not confident in your abilities Please have this product installed at aLocal Off-Road Shop .
Safety Glasses, Gloves, Wrench set, Socket Set, Torquewrench, angle finder, tape measure, Jack, Jack stands(Tall and short) , Wheelchock, Cutting Tool(s)(Angle Grinder with cutting and flap disk , Sawzall,Plasma cutter, Cutting torch) and Welder.
Take an inventory of your parts, If you are missing anyparts Please contact Artec Industries Immediately @ (855) 278-3299 M-F 8:30am-5pm MST
Place wheel chocks at the front wheels of the vehicle, Break loose the lug nuts on the rear wheels(do not fully remove the rear lug nuts. Use a Jack and lift the rear of the vehicle off of the ground. Set Jack stands on the frame in front of therear control arm mounts and another set of jacks stands under the rear axle.
Remove the rear wheels from the vehicle. Now remove the rear shocks, swaybar links,An lower control arms from thevehicle. Once the shocks and controlarms are removed use a tape measure to measure the distance from the brakeflange on the axle to the center of the Lower arm mount. Using a magnetic angle finder measure theangle the of the control arm mount on the back side . Record those numbers for later .
Cut off your lower control arm mount from the vehicle andgrind the area smooth to prep for welding.
Using your work station Stand the JK4427-1 bracket on theend so the coping for the axle is facing down there should be a small tabfacing up on the bracket. Place theJK4427-2 on top of of the JK4427-1 The tab and square keyway should lineup. Now with them lined up tack weldthe brackets together. Now take theJK4427-3 tab and insert it into the square keyway on the back of theJK4427-1 the bottom of the JK4427-3and top corner of the JK4427-2 should make contact on all 3 its and sit slightlyon top of the JK4427-2 Tack weld thatbracket into place. With all of thebrackets in place you can repeat the process on the other set of brackets then fully weld them together.
Using the measurements that you previously recorded positionthe control arms mounts onto the axle and weld them into place.
(The Jk4427-1 will be the driver sidethe JK4427-4 will be the passenger side.)
Once the brackets are welded into place you can clean themof any machining oil from the manufacturing process and spray them with someself-etching primer and paint.
Install the Lower control arms , shocks and sway bar links back on thevehicle along with the wheels and tires. (Do not fullytighten the bolts yet.)
Using the jack raise the vehicle up off of the jack standsremove the jack stands from under the frame and axle then lower the vehicle to the ground. Once the vehicle is on the ground you cantorque all bolts to factory specs .
After 50 miles check all bolts for tightnessand re torque if needed.