JK 1 TON BASICS Rear Axle Swap Kit with Truss
All the brackets and truss necessary for swapping in a
1 ton rear axle into a Jeep JK Wrangler ('07-'17)
Artec Industries is excited to announce the JK ONE TON BASICS Rear Axle Swap Kit with Truss. This is a basic bracket system which can be used on practically any axle with a 3.5" axle tube (or similar). This kit provides the factory link, trackbar, spring, anti-sway bar, bump stop pads and shock locations. The kit includes a template for correctly spacing your brackets off the differential casting for AAM 10.5" 14 bolt axles (see details below) and Sterling 10.5 axles found in Ford Superduty. Other axles can be used as well, just make sure they are wide enough to fit the upper control arm brackets (see diagram below) and you have a plan for mounting the ABS sensors.
This kit DOES INCLUDE a truss ...you simply need to select the axle you will be using in the options menu.
- Using a 1 ton axle will support larger tires and less chance of breakage in extreme conditions
- APEX Truss CNC laser cut from 3/16" steel and CNC bent for a precise fit
- Brackets CNC laser cut from 1/4", 3/16" and 1/8" steel for high strength and precision and CNC bent for great fitment.*
- Includes all the brackets necessary for a complete axle swap including upper and lower control arm mounts, shock mounts, anti-sway bar mounts, trackbar mount, bumpstop pads and coil spring mounts.
- Save hours of installation time. Coil brackets are offset from differential casting using include template. All other brackets line up to each other, no guessing and measuring involved.
- Tracbar mount includes 4 locations for those who have aftermarket lifts. Stock height hole is not included though.
- Easily upgradeable for future link geometry changes. Just trim off factory location upper control mounts and weld on a truss and center link mount (not included)
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR 14 BOLT: The 14 bolt axle is available in a variety of vehicles over several decades. In order for the JK swap to work with factory UCA brackets, the correct width axle must be used. If you are not using factory UCA brackets, but rather a 3-link style system mounted on the truss, you can choose any width axle you need but take care to ensure its width is close to the front axle. Older 14 bolt axles will not work with ABS brackets we offer either.
THIS KIT IS INTENDED FOR USE WITH A NEWER STYLE 14 BOLT AXLE WITH RIBBING ON THE CASTING (AS SHOWN) AND HAS A WMS-WMS MEASUREMENT OF 68" OR GREATER. This axle is referred to as an AAM 14 bolt 10.5" ring gear and is found in '99-'06 GM 2500 and 3500 SRW trucks. Van axles have a different differential offset and will not align the truss correctly.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR STERLING AXLES: The Superduty Rear Axle (Sterling 10.25 and 10.5) is more offset to the passenger side than the factory differential and can result in contact with the gas tank at the pinion. It is likely you will need to either stretch the rear axle, or use an aftermarket gas tank. By purchasing, you acknowledge you understand potential conflict with the factory gas tank. Artec will not accept returns on modified, welded, or otherwise resell-able products.
NOTE: This kit does not include any parts for ABS sensors. It is only a bracket kit. Hooking up and configuring these sensors is the responsibility of the end user. We offer ABS brackets and tone rings for 14 bolt and Sterling.
Most 1 ton axles DO NOT MATCH the factory JK 5 lug wheel bolt pattern. New wheels will need to be purchased to do this swap. Brake components NOT INCLUDED in this product, but will be available separately shortly.
NOTE: This kit requires general welding and fabrication skills. Welding should only be done by a competent welder who understand different materials. Some welding of cast and mild steel will be used. Artec Industries implies no guarantees or warranties and is not liable for improper installation.
*Some grinding and fitment may be required when installing this kit. Every axle varies slightly and some fabrication may be required. Will require brake line relocation to fit.
We're working to restore these instructions from our previous website. Please bear with us. If you need immediate assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the following template for another swap kit as a base for install on this kit. The provided template tool is used by placing the etched writing as you would read it and placing it on top of the axle tube next to the casting. The template will indicate either driver or passenger side and which axle you are using. The template will touch the side of the top plate of the bracket, not the bent side.
Click image above to view Installation Instructions