ALUMINUM SKID PLATES FOR HEAVY DUTY YET LIGHTWEIGHT PROTECTION.
At a total of 91 lbs, the total net weight is only 15 lbs more than factory skids but much heavier duty and more complete coverage.
Artec Industries' NEW JL Bellypan is designed to give your 2018-2022 Jeep JLU Wrangler 2.0L Turbo full protection underneath the vehicle. Designed using CAD files directly from the manufacturer, this belly pan skid plate ensures that you have a great fit with factory components. Made from 1/4" thick 6061 Aluminum and 3/16" zinc plated Steel, and CNC cut and formed, the Artec JL Bellypan Kit offers both a strong and lightweight solution for your new Jeep JL.
NOTE: 1.5"+ LIFT REQUIRED FOR USE WITH BELLYPAN
- Adds only 15 lbs to net weight of vehicle yet covers far more and is heavier duty than factory skids
- 91 lbs total weight compared to the Steel version at 163 lbs...a 44% weight savings
- Increases ground clearance of 3/4" from factory skids and even more compared to other aftermarket skid plates
- 1/4" 6061 Aluminum for skid plates, 3/16" zinc plated steel brackets
- OPTIONAL 1/4" thick Aluminum skid plate for 48 volt E-Torque battery system
- Designed from factory CAD files for great and ultra precise fit.
- CNC laser cut and CNC formed using custom rolled dies for high strength, unique look, and perfect contour fitment to OEM components.
- All bolts under skid plate are countersunk for absolutely smooth bottom
- All nuts are pressed into steel brackets for easy, one tool removal
- Bolts directly to OEM T-case crossmember and frame using heavy duty flat head bolts that match OEM thread
- No need for an aftermarket T-case crossmember for completely flat surface
- Modular design lets you take off only one section for vehicle servicing
- Protects Oil Pan, Transmission Pan, Gas Tank, Front Exhaust, Transfer Case, E-Torque Battery (optional)
- OEM gas tank skid is replaced for reduced weight and 3/4" higher clearance*
- Artec Gas tank skid can be removed without dropping entire tank thanks to new additional cross-member and tank strap.
- Clearance near rear drive yoke shaft to prevent rubbing
*OEM gas tank skid removal required. For easiest install, remove skid when tank is near empty. See instructions for simple ideas on removing OEM gas tank skid.
NOTE: This product requires general mechanics skills and should only be installed by someone capable of using basic tools. Artec Industries is not responsible for incorrect installation. By purchasing, the customer agrees that they are fully responsible for correct installation.
We're working to restore these instructions from our previous website. Please bear with us. If you need immediate assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2.0L bellypan installs very much like the 3.6L bellypan which is featured in the install video and written instructions below. Many of the parts are shared so you will see some parts labeled JL4101-x and some parts labeled JL4102-x. There are some differences and we are working on an updated video and written instructions for this but it takes a while. In the meantime, here are the differences.
- In step 5, the gas tank strap (part 15) may require use of one of the aluminum spacers provided between bracket 15 and the crossmember above the driveshaft. Jeep changed their gas tanks mid-model year and this resulted in a taller tank. If you tighten 15 down and there is a noticeable gap, use the spacer.
- In Step 5, you have an extra bracket JL4102-7 that installs into the JL4101-11 crossmember. This bracket will nestle inside the U shape where there are two holes, with the flange pointing towards the front of the vehicle. The two holes on the backside of the crossmember get two 3/8" button head bolts which fasten to the PEM nuts installed in the JL4102-7. This bracket will be utilized later for the battery skid plate.
- In step 8, parts 13 and 14 may also require the use of the aluminum spacers. If these parts are tightened down and there is a noticeable gap, remove the bolt, insert the spacer in between the bracket and the frame, and fasten the bolts back down.
- In Step 10, parts 6 and 7 are not brackets used on the oil skid. Instead part 6 is the battery skid plate and 7 is a bracket used in the crossmember part 11.
- The battery skid (JL4102-6) is attached to the OEM battery skid plate and provides a thicker skid to resist puncture and denting. First, remove the factory battery skid plate from the vehicle (you can install while in the vehicle but its probably faster to remove it). Then take the 6 provided 5/16" PEM nuts and place them on the inside of the OEM skid plate on the 6 holes that line up with the JL4102-6. You will be clinching these nuts directly to the OEM skid using the provided riv nut tool and hardware. See the rivnut video below. Place the PEM nut on the inside of the skid plate and then thread the bolt through the washer, rivnut tool and then the OEM skid on the outside. When you tighten the bolt, it will be pulling the nut against the inside of the OEM skid. Once you have all the PEM nuts installed, you can install the JL4102-6 on the OEM skid using the 5/16" flat head bolts and place the OEM skid back on the vehicle. There will be 2 bolts on the front side of the skid that use OEM hardware to attach the front of the JL4102-6. The OEM skid has a plate the extends up to the JL4101-11 crossmember which protects the lines and hoses for the battery. This plate can be pushed upwards and fastened to the top of the JL4102-7 which is the little L shaped bracket that was inserted into the crossmember JL4101-11. Use hardware to fasten this plate to the JL4102-7.
Click image above to view Installation Instructions
Installation of this kit requires Rivnuts. We have included our Rivnut Tool (TC0011) in the package, here is a quick demonstration video on the use of this tool: